Blackjack is a trendy card game of chance. Are you asking why? Because you can quickly win a lot of money with your own efforts. It is not a pure chance! With the right strategy, you can increase your chances of winning! Just learn the method of counting the cards according to which you will try to remember the already drawn cards and your luck will be close! Would you like to play Blackjack online? Let’s have a look at the rules of the game. You will undoubtedly reach your dream faster!
How is online casino game Blackjack played
One or two players can play the online casino game Blackjack by betting the purchased tokens instead of money. This hazardous game is played with French cards (classic Joker) which contain 52 cards in a pack. Six packs of cards are the most commonly used in online casinos.
At the beginning of a game, players bet their tokens on the designated place on the table – the amount of bets differ in each online casino. Then a croupier hands each player two cards face up and him one card face up and another face down. Thus, the players see all the cards on the table except for the one from the croupier. The croupier starts asking the players how they wish to proceed.
The players can decide in the following ways:
- Ask for another card (to hit, to draw) – they will be given one more card
- To stand (to stand) – players do not want another card
- To split the game (to split)
- To double the bet (to double)
After the players are finished, the croupier continues in the game with his cards. First, he unfolds his second card which had been remained face down up to now. In case the sum of his cards is 17 or more, he cannot draw another card – he needs to stand. However, if the sum is 16 or less, he has to draw another card. Depending on the result of the game, the croupier pays out the winnings, or, he takes all the lost bet tokens.
The goal of Blackjack
This game aims to beat the croupier. How to do that? You have to try to have the sum of your cards higher than the croupier’s one, but not getting over 21. If your sum is higher than 21, you have lost your bet and are done in the game. If it is lower than 21 but also lower than croupier’s, you also lose. The best win is ‘Blackjack’ which you achieve when you have an ace and a card with a value of 10. The croupier also cannot get over 21. If it happens, then all players who are below 21, win. In case the croupier and a player have both the same amount of points, then it is called Stand Off. A player can keep the bet for the next game.
Cards and their values:
- Ace (A) – 1 or 11, depends on your decision
- King (K), Queen (Q), Jack (J) – each is 10
- Cards 2 to 10 – they have the value written on them (from 2 to 10)
Strategic card counting
As already mentioned, the Blackjack players can increase their chances of winning by having a well-elaborated strategy. That is why the most popular approach is counting the cards which had been drawn from the pack. With this method, you have to count not only croupier’s, your co-players’ cards, but also your own.
What are the pros of counting the cards?
- If you know that you will more likely win, you can raise your bets – you will find this by having an Ace and knowing that there are many cards of the value of 10 remaining in the pack.
- Based on the remembered information on the status of cards in the pack, you can adjust your strategy.
Explanation of Blackjack terms
You will encounter many foreign terms in an online casino. Don’t hesitate to use the following list with the most essential terms without which you will most probably be not able to play.
- Standoff – this is when a player and a croupier have equal points. Then they are even, and a player can keep the bet for the next game.
- Blackjack – the highest possible card combination that any player would like to have. It can be achieved if you have an Ace + a card with a value of 10. This is hand winning hand, but if also a croupier has it, then it is a standoff.
- Double (doubling the bet) – if the player has an advantageous combination of the first two cards (e.g., Value 9,10,11), he/ she may decide to double, i.e. to double his/ her bets
- Split (splitting the game) – This option can be used by a player if the player has two cards of the same value. This is a division of the game, with the first bet should be doubled. In this case, the player uses each card for a separate game.
- Surrender – if a player does not trust his/her first cards at the beginning, he/she can use the surrender option to give up the game and keep half of the bet.
- Insurance – this is an insurance option that you expect a croupier to have the Blackjack. Most Insurance option is used when the croupier’s first card is Ace, and you are afraid that the second card could be of the value of 10. You can make insurance for half of your bet – if the croupier really has the Blackjack, you will receive the bet in 2:1 ratio. In most cases, insurance does not pay off because it is more unlikely than likely for a croupier to have the Blackjack.
- Even money – this is a similarly disadvantageous offer as Insurance, i.e. insurance against a Black Jack. Even money is a situation in which the player has the Blackjack, and the croupier has his/her first card Ace. The croupier will offer the player an immediate payout of the best in the 1:1 ratio. It is up to the player to decide whether to accept the bet or to risk that the croupier will get the Blackjack and the game will end up in a standoff. In most cases, the croupier does not reach the Blackjack, and the player is entitled to the regular payout in 3:2 ratio. Consider this offer very carefully! Sometimes it pays off to risk!